Movie Clip Symbols in Flash CS3
A movie clip symbol in Flash CS3 is like a mini- movie. The advantage is that it will play according to it's own timeline and does not depend on the main scene's timeline. It is great for repetitive animations that form a part of the entire flash movie.
Continuing with the tutorial let us make the wheel into a movie clip symbol as it has a repetitive rotation movement.
To make the wheel into a movie clip:
- Select the “wheel” symbol on the stage (which is an instance of the "wheel" graphic symbol)
- Convert it to another symbol named wheel animation.
- Select the symbol type “Movie clip” (not “graphic”).
- Step 1: Create a new Flash CS3 document
- Step 2: Add text
- Step 3: Graphic Symbols
- Step 4: Layers
- Step 5: Draw Shapes (Rectangle)
- Step 6: Draw Shapes (Oval)
- Step 7: Draw Lines
- Step 8: Reuse Symbols
- Step 9: Resize and Rotate objects
- Step 10: Paste in Place
- Step 11: Align
- Step 12: Change colors of symbols
- Step 13: Transform Options
- Step 14: Movie Clip Symbols
- Step 15: Keyframes
- Step 16: Motion Tweens
- Step 17: Lock Layers
- Step 18. Import an Image
- Step 19: Publish the Flash file
- Flash Photo Gallery Tutorial
- Flash CS3 Quiz Tutorial
- Flash CS3 Tutorial Part 2: Create a Simple Website with ActionScript 3.0
- Free Flash CS3 Website Template
- Flash CS6 Tutorial
- Flash CS6 HTML5 Tutorial
Suggestions for Improvement? If you have a suggestion to improve this tutorial please contact us. We would love to hear from you.
Flash is part of the Adobe Creative Suite
Streamline web design, development, and maintenance. Order Now!