Publish the Flash CS3 File
You will need to publish your flash file in order to put it on your website. The source file (that you are working on) is .fla file, but the file that needs to go on you website should be a .swf file. Also you will need to ensure that you have and HTML page with the code to display the .swf file in order for browsers like Internet Explorer and Firefox to be able to display the Flash file. Finally you will need to upload it to you website hosting server using an FTP software like Filezilla, to make it live.
Continuing with the tutorial, now that your animation is ready you can publish it and upload it to your website.
- File > Publish
- You will get an html file and the .swf file in the same folder where you .fla file it. The .swf file is your output file which you can upload to your website along with the html file that calls it.
- In order to make your website live you will need to sign up with a hosting server and domain name. I recommend Hostgator which I use to host this site.
That’s it! Congratulations!
- Step 1: Create a new Flash CS3 document
- Step 2: Add text
- Step 3: Graphic Symbols
- Step 4: Layers
- Step 5: Draw Shapes (Rectangle)
- Step 6: Draw Shapes (Oval)
- Step 7: Draw Lines
- Step 8: Reuse Symbols
- Step 9: Resize and Rotate objects
- Step 10: Paste in Place
- Step 11: Align
- Step 12: Change colors of symbols
- Step 13: Transform Options
- Step 14: Movie Clip Symbols
- Step 15: Keyframes
- Step 16: Motion Tweens
- Step 17: Lock Layers
- Step 18. Import an Image
- Step 19: Publish the Flash file
- Flash Photo Gallery Tutorial
- Flash CS3 Quiz Tutorial
- Flash CS3 Tutorial Part 2: Create a Simple Website with ActionScript 3.0
- Free Flash CS3 Website Template
- Flash CS6 Tutorial
- Flash CS6 HTML5 Tutorial
Suggestions for Improvement? If you have a suggestion to improve this tutorial please contact us. We would love to hear from you.
Flash is part of the Adobe Creative Suite
Streamline web design, development, and maintenance. Order Now!