There are many WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editors on the market today that can help you build a website.
Advantages of WYSIWYG Editors:
- Little or no html or css knowledge
- Put together a website in very short amount of time
- Easily add flash, counters, forms, buttons, menus etc with drag and drop features
- One button click publishing
- Variety of predesigned layouts built right into most
Some WYSIWYG Editors
- Dreamweaver - This the best HTML editor avialable and is use by professional web designers. I use it to design this site. You will also need a web graphics editing software like Fireworks or Photoshop.
- Blue Voda
Free Website Builder. However the website needs to be hosted on VodaHost.
Online WYSIWYG Site Builders
- Online site builders just require an internet connection. No download or program to install.
- Allows you to just add content to premade sites
- Some allow editing in other programs later, example; original site built in sitebuilder but modified and customized at a later date in frontpage or dreamweaver
- Some web hosts provide a basic site builder built into the cpanel e.g. HostGater
- One of the easiest and cheapest ways is to build a blog style website based on Wordpress. This can be easily installed via Fantastico which is available when you sign up for a host like Hostgator.
- For a Content Management System (CMS) based website you might consider Joomla which can also be easily installed via Fantastico which is available when you sign up for a host like Hostgator.
Complete Website Building Packages/ Online Site Builders
- Site Build It - Complete website building, coaching and promoting package. All the tools and knowledge you need to build a successful website.
- Easy Site Builder - Easily build a website with many functionalities built in.
- Website building tutorial
- Best website design software
- Dreamweaver tutorial
- Fireworks tutorial
- Photoshop tutorial
- Flash website tutorial
- WAHM Web Design
- Do it Yourself Web Design
- Free Blog Hosts
- Blog Additions/Plugins
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- Site Builders
- Webpage Creators: Comparison
- Complete Website Building Package
- Advantages of Hiring a Web Designer
- Things to Look for in a Designer
- Pricing for Website Design
- Free Site Hosting
- Free Hosting Providers
- Paid Hosting
- Paid Hosting Providers
- Web 2.0
- Using Flash
- Using Video
- Using Audio