SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Why is Optimizing your website for Search Engines so Important?
- Search engines can bring you free targeted traffic.
- Millions of people search online for millions of things every single day.
- Most online purchases begin with search engines of some kind.
- Over 90% of internet users use a search engine for something.
- More targeted visitors = more sales and higher conversion rates.
- It develops a strong brand that is recognizeable in your industry/ product market.
- A high rank gives the impression of a professional market leader.
- Meta Tags
Each page should have it's own description, keywords, etc. Keep it short and to the point.
- Title Tags
Ensure that you have different title tags on every page.
25 or less per page is ideal. Use different ones for different pages.
- Build Links
Build links from other sites to your site. These can be
1. One way links - they link to you
2. Reciprocal links - they link to you and you link back
- White Hat SEO
This refers to good natural ways of building your website.
- Black Hat SEO
This refers to sneaky and not so honest ways of building your website can get you banned from SE's ultimately.
- WAHM Web Design
- Do it Yourself Web Design
- Free Blog Hosts
- Blog Additions/Plugins
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- Site Builders
- Webpage Creators: Comparison
- Complete Website Building Package
- Advantages of Hiring a Web Designer
- Things to Look for in a Designer
- Pricing for Website Design
- Free Site Hosting
- Free Hosting Providers
- Paid Hosting
- Paid Hosting Providers
- Web 2.0
- Using Flash
- Using Video
- Using Audio
- Making Friends with the Search Engines
- What do we want from the search engines? Organic Traffic
- What else do we want from the search engines? Paid Traffic
- What are Keywords and Keyword Phrases?
- Enter the Keyword Research Tools.
- How do you do keyword research?
- Now, what to do with this huge list of keyword phrases?
- Are other tags important?
- The Importance of Links